|(1) Who are you?|
I'm a Stay at home Mother of two, though it never seems I am at home. I'm a crafter, gardener, a cook, volunteer, wife and mother.
(2) What is your shop name and how did you come up with it?
Zappyturtle - I was trying to come up with a user id for a site with turtle in it. Tried several and they were all taken, then came Zappy Turtle. It wasn't taken so I use it for just about everything. Seems like someone did like it and uses it to play Halo...not me=)
(3) What do you create and sell?
Right now I'm creating useful items from recycled materials. It started with gift cards two years ago and now includes just about anything made of plastic or vinyl.
(4) What is your source for inspiration?
I hate to throw anything away, I feel it is wasteful. Besides there is so much you can do with your "trash"
(5) What is your favorite piece from your shop & why?
This is a bracelet made from a vinyl record. I love astronomy and this is just up my alley. I honestly think if it doesn't sell I'm keeping it=)
(6) Is running your shop your only job?
The only one that pays me=D
I do volunteer at the school copying and what ever else they ask me to do. That keeps me busy during the school year.
(7) When did you start your business?
June 13, 2007 Started with a Fishbowl purse and grew from there
(8) How long have you been selling on Etsy?
Almost 2 years
(9) Do you sell outside of Etsy?
(10) What do you like best about Etsy?
The friends I've met along the way
(11) Do you belong to any teams?
Yes I belong to the Etsyfriends' Team and the Recycler's Guild
(12) Do you have more than one Etsy shop?
I did but my other shop is on permanent vacation till I see what is going on with the Whole CPSIA thing.
(13) What do you do to promote your shop(s)?
I don't promote as much as I should. But I participate in sales, contests and talk ALOT in the forums. People do shop from others in the forums.
(14) What do you do in your spare time?
What is spare time?
(15) What is your blog or website url?
(16) Are there any blogs you follow regularly?
Mostly the etsyfriends blog and cake wrecks blog ( if you need a really good laugh)
(17) Are there any particular Etsy shops you follow regularly?
Mostly my team mates shops and others I find along the way.
(18) Any advice (business, or otherwise) for fellow sellers?
Stay positive, don't be afraid to try something new or change what you do a bit. You are never to old to learn something new. Make friends and enjoy what you do or you will start to dread what you do and it shows.
Welcome to The Feature Café!
I created this blog to host features on all the wonderful shops (and owners) I find on Etsy! Please follow this blog and tell all your friends about it! Remember... I host giveaways, too! If you are interested in being featured, please click here! Thanks!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
CLICK HERE FOR GIVEAWAY!
Posted by Mannie of MannieMandible at 10:56 AM