(1) Who are you?
I am a compassionate person that loves to create and finds joy in the simple pleasures of life and strives to be grateful everyday.
(2) What is your shop name and how did you come up with it?
The name of my shop is JoyWhite. It's not very creative but I do free lance graphic design in addition to my jewelry and my goal was to have one name that would work for everything.
(3) What do you create and sell?
I sell personalized sterling silver charms, inspirational charms and PMC silver jewelry. I also work with fused glass and lampworking.
(4) What is your source for inspiration?
My background is in advertising so much of my inspiration comes from print and graphic design
(5) What is your favorite piece from your shop & why?
It has to be my "Believe It" charm. I am a big fan of the power of positive thinking.
(6) Is running your shop your only job?
Right now yes.
(7) When did you start your business?
I started the silver jewelry in 06, prior to that I had a sign and display company for 22 years.
(8) How long have you been selling on Etsy?
Since Feb. of 07. I had opened the shop with good intentions but really never did anything with it till 08.
(9) Do you sell outside of Etsy?
Yes, I sell at a local art gallery, Art Fire, and a shop in Arizona
(10) What do you like best about Etsy?
I like the ease of ETSY and the overall look of the site.
(11) Do you belong to any teams?
I belong to the Cleveland Handmade Team
(12) Do you have more than one Etsy shop?
No just one.
(13) What do you do to promote your shop(s)?
Word of mouth, my blog http://joywhitellc.blogspot.com and on the Etsy Forums
(14) What do you do in your spare time?
I volunteer for "Guardian Angels" a program to help the elderly who are alone and I volunteer at my local art gallery. Other than that I take classes whenever I can, bike ride (weather permitting) do yoga, read, and hang out with my dog Ginger.
(15) What is your blog or website url?
(16) Are there any blogs you follow regularly?
http://mayhemarts.blogspot.com when I need a bit of inspiration
http://hauntedvisions.blogspot.com when I want to see amazing photography
http://www.beluadesigns.com when I need a little smile
These are just a few; there are so many wonderful bloggers out there.
(17) Are there any particular Etsy shops you follow regularly?
I don't follow the shops as much as I follow the blogs, although I am always looking for cool shops to add to my favorites
(18) Any advice (business or otherwise) for fellow sellers?
Stay true to yourself and do what you love.