(1) Who are you?
My name is Jennifer Mondry, I am a wife, mother, sister, aunt, grandmother, crafter and small business owner
(2) What is your shop name and how did you come up with it?
My shop name is Mondry's Y Knot Shop, I came up with this name, well by chance. lol Obviously my last name and then I am Irish and I wanted to incorporate it into my shop name. So I did a spin on "Why not shop?"
(3) What do you create and sell?
I specialize in microwaveable heat pads but also sell hand knotted satin jewelry and hair accessories.
(4) What is your source for inspiration?
Everything around me is my source for inspiration.
(5) What is your favorite piece from your shop & why?
OMG, I don't really have a favorite. I am quite proud of my new hand warmers and my knot jewelry but that is probably because they are kind of unique.
(6) Is running your shop your only job?
Right now it is my only job, but I am looking for stable pay.
(7) When did you start your business?
My business started long before I found etsy. It has been in many different aspects for about 15 years, but I have been on etsy since August of 2007, which is when I got SERIOUS about my business.
(8) How long have you been selling on Etsy?
Just over 1 year.
(9) Do you sell outside of Etsy?
Yes I do sell at various craft shows and a weekly market.
(10) What do you like best about Etsy?
My friends and the fact that I can sell stuff that I make. That just amazes me.
(11) Do you belong to any teams?
Yes I do. I belong to the EtsyFriends Team and I am also a member of the EtsyWMI Team.
(12) Do you have more than one Etsy shop?
Yes I do have more than one shop but my second shop is closed until I am able to market two shops at once.
(13) What do you do to promote your shop(s)?
I pass out business cards, put up fliers where permitted and I chit chat in the etsy forums.
(14) What do you do in your spare time?
I play around on this silly computer when I am not crafting.
(15) What is your blog or website url?
My blog is http://MondrysYknotShop.blogspot.com, my etsy shop is http://MondrysYknotshop.etsy.com, and my website which is under construction by my 15 year old son is http://MondrysYknotShop.com
(16) Are there any blogs you follow regularly?
I follow a bunch of blogs, I couldn't even begin to name them.
(17) Are there any particular Etsy shops you follow regularly?
I don't really follow shops, if I am in the mood to get something I search for it but will always check my teams first.
(18) Any advice (business, or otherwise) for fellow sellers?
Keep up the faith, it will come when it is time. Keep your numbers up, listing and relisting is your best friend.